Pet Boarding in Flower Mound
Trust our professional and friendly team to take great care of your pet during your next trip.
At Main Street Veterinary Hospital, we’re proud to offer outstanding boarding services for your beloved pet in addition to comprehensive veterinary care.
We know that each pet is unique, and our veterinary professionals will make every effort to accommodate your pet’s needs and ensure they are safe, happy, and cared for during their stay.
Pet Boarding at Main Street Veterinary Hospital
Your pet’s comfort and well-being are our top priorities. Our dedicated staff uses their knowledge of animal care to keep your pet healthy and happy during their stay.
We offer separate boarding facilities for cats and dogs so our feline friends can have a little peace and quiet during their stay.
Our kennel staff walks boarding dogs outdoors three times daily and lavishes them with special care and lots of cuddles and kisses.
Our kitty condos provide all the comforts of home: a cushy bed, a litter box, a shelf for perching, and a human staff member for providing meals, affection, and entertainment.
We feed our guests Hill's Science Diet Sensitive Stomach for adult dogs and cats. Pediatric guests are fed Science Diet Puppy or Kitten. You are welcome to provide your pet's regular diet if you prefer. All other boarders (birds, rabbits, and pocket pets) should arrive with their own supply of food.
About Our Pet Boarding Facilities
We take great pride in maintaining a clean and comfortable facility for your pet.
All guests of Main Street Veterinary Hospital's boarding facility enjoy a complimentary health exam by a trained technician. Our facility's other features include:
- Wooded property with scenic walking trail
- In-hospital boarding available for pets with special needs
- Separate areas for cats, small dogs and large dogs
- Doctor on-call for medical care and emergencies
- Bathing and grooming facility on site
Our boarding area is temperature-controlled and spacious, and your pet receives frequent care and attention from our friendly, compassionate staff. Should any medical problems arise during your pet's stay, you can have peace of mind that our veterinarians will make sure they are treated appropriately.
Dog & Cat Boarding Requirements
All boarding guests must be up-to-date on vaccinations. If your pet requires any vaccinations before staying with us, we are happy to provide the vaccines for an additional fee.
We require dogs to be up-to-date on:
- Canine Distemper/Parvovirus
- Canine Influenza H2N3/H3N8 - The first influenza vaccine in a series of 2 must be given at least 2 weeks prior to boarding due to the current outbreak.
- Bordetella (Kennel Cough)
We require cats to be up-to-date on:
- Feline Distemper
- Rabies vaccines
Reservations are preferred, especially during holidays, but we can generally accommodate last-minute or emergency boarding needs.
Our boarding facility is open whenever the office is open and specific pick-up times are available by appointment.
Why Board Your Pet at a Veterinary Practice?
- Medications are administered by trained veterinary staff.
- If there is an emergency or your pet needs immediate medical care, our veterinarians and medical team are onsite for a quick response.
- If your pet requires updated vaccinations before boarding, we can take care of those before your pet's scheduled boarding date. If possible, please allow two weeks between vaccination and boarding.
- We offer veterinary exams or other medical services needed during your pet’s stay.
We welcome your questions about our boarding facilities and policies and are eager to discuss how we can make your pet’s stay as positive as possible.
Call today to learn about our pet boarding accommodations or to schedule your pet’s stay!
New clients - Receive $50 off your first exam!